Choose your service
Why develop yourself and others as leaders
How much time, money and energy is spent on “people stuff” in your team or business? Absence, mental health concerns, staff turnover, performance problems, relationship issues. If yours’ is anything like most, this is the vast majority of what you do. Stuck in the detail of this when you need to be working proactively and strategically.
What if you knew that all of these can improve without replacing any member of staff?
How much time, money and energy would you gain that could be invested in other ways?
Great leaders inspire, motivate, support, engage, challenge and develop others. Grounded in an awareness of who they are.
You know those people you meet who seem so absolutely sure of themselves – but not in an arrogant way. Those people who connect at a human level – and who are also commercially astute. People who seem calm and resourceful no matter what. This is what you can have.
What it’s like when you work with me
Working from the Three Principles means I need to first tell you what this understanding is.
After that, our work evolves into discussions. You tell me what you’re experiencing, we celebrate your new insights, we explore where there are blocks, and we keep looking to the truth of your experience for answers.
Unlike most coaching or development where you leave a session with practices, tools or approaches (things to do or apply) in this work you need commitment, curiosity and open-mindedness.
It is through curiosity about your experience that you begin to see the truth of your human system doing what it does so well. Instead of “applying” tools you’ll be gaining “insights”. Once these insights begin, things just get easier from there.
If you’re unsure, get to know me better by signing up to my newsletter. Short, succinct emails for busy people. No spam and unsubscribe any time.
Coaching’s one of the most effective and sustainable forms of development because it’s tailored to you and it’s about you gaining your own insights.
I will teach you about this understanding, but until you see something for yourself, anything I say is just information, it won’t stick.
In a busy world, coaching is your chance to pause, see what’s going on, challenge your habitual thinking patterns and move forward.
A good coach is fully committed to you and your learning which means they won’t necessarily do or say what you expect, or what you think they should. Instead they’ll be doing or saying something that will help you get what you need. What’s truly useful to you.
This leads to greater impact.
My clients have gained benefits like reduced stress and frustration, improved relationships, improved decision-making, greater creativity – all of these have a positive impact on your team and your business.
We work face to face or over Zoom for a minimum of three months (up to 18 hours of coaching plus interim support).
The flow of our work is:
Session 1: I understand your reality and I provide an introduction to how our psychological system works.
From there: We explore your personal experience to see how your psychological experience is created. This generates insights and begins to make life easier to navigate.
Final session: Have a final exploratory conversation and recognise the benefits you’ve gained. Leaving you in an experience of Clarity, Connection and Compassion.
In addition I provide supporting resources and content, as well as between-session support for in-the-moment thought-bouncing.
My coaching’s not :
- A formulaic “5 steps to success” process (by the way, nothing ever is no matter what the marketing says) but if you’re coming with a commitment to the work, and an open and curious mind this won’t even be a consideration
- Linear – we go where the conversation takes us because that’s the power of exploration
- Prescriptive – I’m not here to tell you how to live your life or how to do your job. I’m here to help you see where your experience of life is coming from – and seeing that changes everything!
My coaching is :
- Bespoke – everybody is unique and my coaching is tailored to meet your individual needs to maximise the impact for you
- Collaborative – I work alongside you to explore the understanding of the mind
- Ease-ful – I provide space for your thinking to drop and insights to arise
- Systemic – I work with your whole experience of life
Get in touch so we can talk and see if this is right for you.
I work with you to understand where you are now and what you need from your team, or group, of leaders. If we agree to go ahead, programmes are based on this three-stage journey.
- Where things are now – calls with each member of the group or team to get to know them, learn about current challenges and opportunities, and establish where each team member is on their development journey.
- Three day immersion – starting with education and discussion to establish a grounding in this understanding of the mind, the third day is used to work on a real business challenge through the new insights that have been gained.
- Embed your shifts – an agreed combination of 1:1 calls and half-day reconnection workshops to enhance the impact of the work.
We use this basic framework to agree a programme that works for you and gets the impact you need.
Get in touch so we can talk and see if this is right for you.
Why developing culture matters
We’re no longer in an industrialised age. Businesses will fail if they rely on employees blindly following the boss’s orders. The increased pace of change and reduced layers of management mean your leaders will burnout if they keep trying to manage and control everything.
Today, employees want more from work, they expect to be more involved, they want to make a difference and they want to be led and developed – not managed and controlled.
Getting clear on your organisation’s Purpose and Values, and envisioning the Culture you want, provide an anchor as you evolve to the kind of business you want to be.
How do you want it to feel in your organisation?
How we work together
It begins with you and your leadership team gaining this new understanding of how the mind works.
Once things have shifted for you, we can begin to explore the culture you want.
However, with your new understanding, you might just find the culture begins to take care of itself. Cultures are created through conversations, relationships and habits and your new levels of clarity, contentment and connection will already have begun to make a difference here.
If there is more you need, I combine my experience as a Facilitator, Trainer and Executive Coach with an eclectic toolkit of methods and approaches. Find out more about these here.
Get in touch so we can talk and see where we need to begin. Or sign up to my newsletter.